to keep confusion and frustration as low as possible in these troubling times we have created this site.
Collected here you can find the most important information regarding all COVID-19 measures for the upcoming semester.
We will update this site should new information and developments come up.
Stay safe and healthy wishes,
Please make sure to read this page carefully before you contact us.
- ALL our classes will begin by the week of April 20th and will be in the form of online classes.
We have collectively opted for the service Zoom to conduct our e-learning offers.
You do not need to have a Zoom account to be able to join upcoming classes but there is a free download offered on their site if you wish to try it out.
Some course materials will be offered on ILIAS in addition to (not instead of) the Zoom sessions.
Links with information on how to join the Zoom-Meetings will be distributed to you via ILIAS roundmails so please make sure to check your Smail inbox!
- Oral Exams will be held during the usual two exam windows offered in every semester. They will however be held digitally via Zoom instead of in person at the office.
- Term Papers only need to be handed in digitally for now, the usual deadlines and requirements regarding form, content and length apply.
You can find the full (German) COVID-19 guidelines of the ESI here
- Office hours of Prof. Berressem will be held via Zoom for now. Please sign up via PhilServices.
All office hour dates will be posted there so please check regularily.
- For research needs please keep in mind that the University of Cologne offers a VPN client to all students.
Even with the libraries being closed you can still use it to access a large collection of digitalized texts and journals via the USB catalogue.